Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


1967 Ferrari P4 – DOHC V12 engine, 3.967cc, 450hp @8000rpm, dry weight 792kg 
The 1966 World Sportscar Championship was dominated by the Ford GT40. So, the following year, Ferrari decided to redesign the P3. The new car, which was called 330 P4, had numerous improvements, including the power, increased from 420 to 450 hp. Only four Ferrari P4-engined cars were ever made: three new 330 P4s and one ex P3 chassis (no. 0846). Their three-valve cylinder head was modeled after those of Italian GP winning Formula One cars. To this was added the same fuel injection system from the P3. The P3 won the 1000 km Monza in 1966, and the P4 won the same race in 1967. Two P4s, and one 412 P crossed the finish line together (in first 0846, second 0856, and third place 0844) in the 1967 24 Hours of Daytona, for a photo finish to counter Ford's photo of the Ford GT40 Mk.II crossing the finish line together First, Second, and Third at the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans. (you couldn't have missed the movie Ford v Ferrari!). The P3 chassis no. 0846 no longer exists. Built in 1966 as the first of 3 works 330 P3s and the only P3 Spyder, it was used as the basis for the new P4 and partially converted to P4 specification for 1967. It was decided by the factory to scrap the chassis due to its previous accident history and fire damage sustained at Le Mans in 1967. The original chassis number has been written off Ferrari's books as an existing chassis. The chassis no. 0856 was he first of three 330 P4s built for the 1967 season. Originally fitted with a Coupe body, it was raced to a first in the Monza 1000 km race and a third at Le Mans. For the season finale at Brands Hatch, the roof was cut off, dropping the weight by an estimated 40 kg. It could nevertheless do no better than fifth in the BOAC 500. Unlike the other two P4s chassis 0856 was retired from racing and has survived in remarkable original condition. Once part of the prominent Albert Obrist and Bernie Ecclestone collections, this priceless Ferrari is now owned by a Canadian collector. The chassis no. 0858 and no. 0860 were originally built Berlinetta but converted by Ferrari into Spyders for Brands Hatch, 1967 and later in the year converted into a 350 Can-Am by them. The 0858 is now fitted with a P4 Berlinetta body and is in German ownership. The 860 was fitted with a P4 Spyder body in the early 1970s by its then French owner in whose family it remains today.

Il Campionato mondiale sport prototipi del 1966 era stato dominato dalle Ford GT40, così, per l'anno successivo, la Ferrari riprogettò la P3. La nuova vettura, che fu denominata 330 P4, ebbe numerosi miglioramenti, compresa la potenza, che passò da 420 a 450 CV. Furono prodotte solo quattro Ferrari con motore P4: tre nuove 330 P4 e un telaio ex P3 (n. 0846). La testata a tre valvole per cilindro venne ripresa dai motori Formula 1 vincitori del GP d'Italia e fu aggiunto lo stesso sistema di iniezione della P3. La P3 vinse la 1000 km di Monza nel 1966 e la P4 vinse la stessa gara nel 1967. Due P4 e una 412 P tagliarono  il traguardo insieme nella 24 Ore di Daytona del 1967 (prima la 0846, seconda la 0856 e terza la 0844), in un fotofinish che voleva vendicare la foto delle tre Ford GT40 Mk.II vittoriose insieme al traguardo della 24 Ore di Le Mans del 1966 (non potete esservi persi il film Le Mans 66 - La grande Sfida!). La P3 n. 0846 non esiste più. Costruita nel 1966 come la prima delle tre 330 P3 e unica Spyder, fu usata come base per la nuova P4 per il 1967. La casa decise di rottamare il telaio a causa dell'incidente subito a Le Mans nel 1967. Il numero di telaio fu cancellato dal registro Ferrari dei telai esistenti. Il telaio n. 0856 fu il primo dei tre 330 P4. Originariamente equipaggiato con una carrozzeria Coupé, conquistò il primo posto nella 1000 km di Monza e il terzo posto a Le Mans. Per il finale di stagione a Brands Hatch, il tetto fu tagliato, con una riduzione di peso di circa 40 kg. Tuttavia non riuscì a fare meglio del quinto posto al BOAC 500. A differenza delle altre due P4, il telaio 0856 fu ritirato dalle corse ed è sopravvissuto in condizioni originali. Un tempo parte delle collezioni Albert Obrist e Bernie Ecclestone, questa inestimabile Ferrari è ora di proprietà di un collezionista canadese. I telai n. 0858 e 0860 furono originariamente allestiti Berlinetta ma convertiti dalla Ferrari in Spyder per Brands Hatch del 1967 e più tardi nell'anno trasformati in 350 Can-Am. La 0858 è ora dotata di una carrozzeria Berlinetta P4 ed è di proprietà tedesca. La 860 fu equipaggiata con una carrozzeria P4 Spyder all'inizio degli anni '70 dall'allora proprietario francese alla cui famiglia appartiene ancora oggi.


 Ferrari-Logo

Images: INK Studio Digital Art & Animation

No comments:

Post a comment

Unsigned comments and comments containing links will be removed.
I commenti non firmati e quelli che contengono links saranno rimossi.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]